Prior to Conference
- Confirm your presentation date and time at https://impc2022.org/programme/ . If you have any problem with your scheduled time, email the Organizer as soon as possible.
- Speakers are responsible for registering for their conference admission and making their own travel and hotel reservations.
- By using the form at the bottom, please submit the following documents by May 8th.
- your introductory biography in 200 words max – Your session facilitator will use this for your introduction
- speaker consent form in PDF – Please download the form here, fill, sign and submit.
- full paper in DOCX (oral presenters only) – Please follow the format of our conference paper template which can be downloaded by clicking here. If your paper is not ready, we will list in the proceedings only your abstract you previously submitted.
- PowerPoint slides in PPTX – You can revise them later if needed and resubmit the updated version using the below form no later than June 1st.
- All speakers are to deliver their presentation in person. However, if you made a special arrangement with the Committee to give your presentation virtually, submit your pre-recorded talk to email@example.com by May 15th.
Basic Presentation Guidelines
- Oral presentations will be 30 minutes long including 10 min Q&A.
- Poster presenters are given 5 minute oral presentation time on stage with no Q&A.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the session. Upon arrival, check in with session facilitator.
- The conference will include virtual attendees as well as in-person attendees, so please be sure to speak clearly into the microphone and repeat any questions that are asked in the room to ensure that all participants can follow the discussion.
- Your poster dimension should be in 3’W x 4’H (portrait)
- Please print your poster yourself and bring it to the check-in desk at the Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre on the first day of the conference Monday June 6th between 8am-8:30am.
- A foam board will be provided for you to affix your poster by double sided tape or glue.
- Posters will remain displayed in the main hall throughout the Conference.
- You will be given 5 min oral presentation time as scheduled in the program. Please submit your presentation slides via the below form. You don’t have to submit your poster digitally.
Virtual Event Access – PheedLoop
- IMPC 2022 will offer virtual access to the live events as well as recorded ones for on-demand viewing via PheedLoop.
- All presenters will receive a link to their speaker portal where they can upload their photos, videos, and other documents and files.
- All attendees (both with in-person and virtual admission) will receive a link to their attendee portal where they can create their profile page and access the events virtually.
- The portal links will be emailed in later May.
- Laptop and A/V equipment will be set up in room before the presentation.
- Plan to use the conference laptops for your PowerPoint presentations.
- Conference laptops are PC-based; Apple platform may not be supported.
- Microphone, projector, screen, and podium will be provided for the speaker.
Best Poster Presentation Award
The top 3 poster presentations will be selected by the Committee and awarded $500 / $200 / $100 in USD respectively.
Keith Kirkpatrick Award
Among the first time presenters for the IMPC conference, the Committee will select the best paper submitted and award $1,500 USD from the Keith Kirkpatrick Award which is given by the ERGS, an association of international mechanical pulping scientists with the purpose of promoting the science of mechanical pulping and interchanging technical information among members. The Keith Kirkpatrick Award commemorates the generous contribution of Keith Kirkpatrick, a founding member of ERGS, for the professional development of young technologist in the mechanical pulping industry. The recipient will be announced on the last day of the conference at the closing ceremony.